top of page


This visa is also called as a Tier 4 visa. All students from outside the European Economic Area or European Union must apply for this visa if they intend to study full-time courses in the UK. The eligibility is calculated using a points-based rules system and every applicant must qualify with the basic eligibility points to proceed with the visa.


Migrant Workers coming to work in the UK are granted a tier 2 work permit by the UK home office. This is a skilled job category visa granted usually for a period of three years. The visa expiry corresponds to the Certificate of Sponsorship validity. The type of visa allocated for the spouse of the primary applicant is called as Tier 2 General dependent visa.


A Graduate visa gives you permission to stay in the UK for at least 2 years after successfully completing a course in the UK. You must be in the UK when you apply.

You can apply for a Graduate visa if all of the following are true:

  • you’re in the UK

  • your current visa is a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa

  • you studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa

  • your education provider (such as your university or college) has told you you’ve successfully completed your course

Check if your course is eligible and how long you need to have studied in the UK. Visit

bottom of page